Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sta. Maria Town Fiesta 2015

The church facade.

The town of Santa Maria, Bulacan, celebrates its feast day every first Thursday of February (Thursday immediately after February 2). It's a moveable feast. 

I was happy and blessed to be with friends and religious enthusiasts-photographers Ericzon, Dan Raphael, James and Gabriel. There was a Concelebrated Mass at ten in the morning presided by His Excellency, Bishop Deogracias IƱiguez, Jr., D.D. After the Mass was the procession. Amidst the intense heat was also the intense devotion of her faithful. It was a "homecoming" for me. Sta. Maria is also my hometown. This is my second chance of celebrating the fiesta. When I was growing up, whenever Mama and I would go to Santa Maria, I would ask her to take me to the church. Being there again brings back memories as I make new ones with my friends. 


The church interior.

Here are other photos:


The original image.

The procession as it enters church grounds.

The replica image for the procession.



No comments:

Post a Comment